1. Diesel is an Italian company, which started in 1978 by Renzo Rosso and his former boss Adriano Goldschmied (of the AG Jeans company).
2. While Diesel jeans began as a custom denim company (you can still order custom jeans from the company).
3. Diesel owns shares in Victor & Rolf, Maison Martin Margiela and DSquared2.
4. Diesel’s unique international marketing strategy is innovative and has been studied by universities and institutions as a model.
5.In 2002, Diesel collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld on a denim collection for Lagerfeld Gallery
6. Rosso owns 100% of Diesel, which has evolved from a jeans specialist to a much broader lifestyle brand (T-shirts to shades to fancy chairs) in the 35 years since its inception.
7. When Diesel first sold jeans to retailers, they thought they were being sold 2nd hand jeans, and returned them immediately after.
8. Be Stupid: For successful living